Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving Pecan Pie Cheesecake x 3


In case you didn't know, we are up to our ears in pecans at our house.  I can't collect them or shell them fast enough.  The leaves are gone from our trees, but pecans are still a-fallin'.  Therefore, I decided to use as many as I could for Thanksgiving desserts.  I normally don't bake, but what they hay?  Several hours later (baking is HARD) I was the proud creator of 3 Pecan Pie Cheescakes - one for my family's tailgate party, one for Alex's family and the other for our favorite across the street neighbors.  Happy Holidays!!!
One of umpteen bags of pecans

Pecans

More Pecans

I hadn't tasted Vanilla Wafers in probably over 10 years.  Yummy!



Crust!!!

Sugar

Dark Karo Syrup

Butter
Eggs

Pecans!

3 pots...

For 3 pies

I got lazy and didn't take pictures of making the cheesecake filling. 

The kitchen was a nightmare mess.

Bake, Bake, Bake


The next day after cooled and decorated

1 comment: