Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fried Backstrap & Boursin Stuffed Jalapenos


For this meal I used all found ingredients.  Venison (again), Boursin Cheese, Butternut Squash and Grape Jelly.  I promise you really can make a good meal by shopping your fridge.  As all ladies know, we are sometimes forced to shop our own closets for that perfect outfit when shopping isn't practical.  Likewise, you can always shop your kitchen for ingredients and create something new and fun without leaving home!
Venison, backstrap - i think??

Jalapenos and Boursin Cheese

Boursin, cilantro, green onions, chili powder, paprika

Halve, remove veins and seeds then stuff with cheese mixture.

I love Butternut Squash.  So yummy and so gorgeous.


Peel, and cube squash.  Drizzle with vinaigrette or seasonings of your choice.  Here I used a simple brown sugar balsamic butter.


My NOT so creative idea for the backstrap was to fry it like chicken fried steak.  However, I decided to top it with a grape jelly chili sauce.  You know, the kind you find at creepy potlucks and office parties on meatballs.  I am not a potluck fan so had really never tasted this concoction but many people I know actually rave about it.  Sounded strange to me, but what the heck?  After all, we were eating venison for probably the third time in two weeks.  That sounded strange to me, too. 


Grape jelly, chili sauce, lemon juice, probably some wine since it pretty much goes in everything, garlic, butter, paprika, blah, blah, blah.


Jalapenos, cooked in oven until just crispy.  Grilling would also work well.


Garden spinach, orange tomatoes, pickled onions, garlic white wine vinaigrette






Chicken Fried Backstrap and Boursin Stuffed Jalapenos topped with Grape Chili Sauce






We must have not had wine on this particular evening, however Purple Haze was the perfect pairing with the spicy, grape sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment