Sunday, April 17, 2011

White Wine Coq au Vin

As I wait for my the "engagement chicken" i am preparing tonight to finish up cooking I thought it would be a great time to post a nightmare.  Everyone is familiar with the French classic, Coq au Vin.  It is generally prepared with red wine but why not try it with white wine?

Whole roaster chicken, red potatoes, Brussels sprouts, green onions, bacon, Swiss cheese, lemons, pear, carrots, white wine, chicken stock, cooking oil, carrots, white onion

I have never "frenched" a chicken before but gave it my best try.  You know, you really can do anything if you just watch Youtube.  Not too bad for my first attempt.
 



The chicken pieces were first seared in oil to cook in the juices.  White wine, chicken stock, green onions, white onion, carrots and potatoes were added to simmer.


This was my ridiculous idea for a salad topping.  Take a pear, slice it, then pair it with Swiss cheese and wrap in bacon.  Healthy.


We still have like 10 grocery bags of pecan in the garage.  Why not use them?  For anyone interested, I ship within the continental United States.


I just thought this was a cool picture of the Red Wine Vinaigrette.  Looks like a science experiment.

Lettuce garden, which is long gone by now.  Back to buying lettuce at the store :-(


By this point I had added just a bit of creme fraiche to the chicken in order to make the sauce a bit more creamy.  It was the perfect complement to the white wine.

Salad topped with random pear contraptions and pecans.



No comments:

Post a Comment