Friday, November 26, 2010

Mushroom Crepes

I heart Crepes.  Sweet, savory - I 'll take their deliciousness any way I can get it.  I had always heard they were extremely difficult to make and so I never tried.  One day after eating at Flip Happy (sooo AMAZING if you haven't been) I was inspired to finally try them on my own.  I found several recipes and somehow put together a great (not perfect) crepe.  I have been making them since, and one of my favorites is a mushroom and ricotta crepe.  It is my take on Eastside Cafe's  (also sooo AMAZING if you haven't been) Wild Mushroom Crepes.  I am clearly no Flip Happy or Eastside Cafe, but I will keep trying.

  
My cilantro lime dressing.  This is one of the first things I ever learned to "cook" and I served it to Alex the first time cooking for him.  It's one of his faves, so when I top a salad with it I call it "Alex's Salad" :-)

After my crepe research before trying them for the first time, I found that one of the keys to making great crepes is to refrigerate the batter for at least 30 minutes before cooking.  It works!!!

"Alex's Salad", with marinated Gulf Shrimp and of course - Cilantro Lime dressing.


Mushroom Crepes (ricotta, mushrooms, jack cheese, pecans) topped with a Creamy Tomato & Mushroom Sauce; Roasted Asparagus

No comments:

Post a Comment