Friday, February 11, 2011

Classic Spaghetti and Meatballs


Simple and classic, spaghetti and meatballs. A definite meal for every girl's go to dinner repertoire.  It pretty much speaks for itself.


All great meatballs need a binder such as bread crumbs.  Quickly pulsed French bread in the food processor does the trick.

Bread crumbs, egg, ground meat of your choice (here i used a mix of ground beef and Italian sausage), Parmesan, garlic, parsley, salt & pepper

Mix lightly until uniform but do not over do it, or your meatballs will turn out tough.


Each time I make spaghetti sauce it turns out different.  I am not one for following recipes, so I have a general framework of ingredients but often just go with whatever I can find in the kitchen.  Most often, my sauce will include crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic, EVOO, chopped onions, sugar, lots of basil and Italian herbs and salt & pepper.

A must have with spaghetti is garlic bread, and why not make some homemade croutons while you have the oven fired up for toasting.

The most essential ingredient, ever.  I should seriously buy stock in Olive Oil.

Brown the meatballs well on all sides.

Then it is time to take a warm bath in delicious simmering sauce.

Croutons!!

Caesar Salad


The delicious dish!  Spaghetti and Meatballs is one of those meals I shamefully eat bottomless bowls of.  In an attempt to feel better about my indulgence, I prefer to use whole wheat pasta. Buon appetito!


No comments:

Post a Comment