Friday, February 11, 2011

Pork Jezebel & Stuffed Cayote


I am soooo behind on my dinner blogging. This time of the school year is flat out crazy for teachers. With the cold dark weather, one of the last things on my mind at night is pulling out the laptop to do "work". Never to fear, I have been doing plenty of cooking. It is the uploading of pictures, entering text and posting the blog that is the work. Over the weekend I am making my best attempt to do some catching up. Forgive me if the pictures are not as detailed, and some steps seem to be missing.  After playing catch up my goal is to post one detailed nightmare each evening. Alex is off to play cards tonight, so here goes.

String Beans, Corn on the Cob, Cayote Squash, Pork Chops

Boiling the squash halves in order to scoop out the centers and stuff

Sauteed corn, tomatoes, garlic and mushrooms for squash filling

Alex kindly donated the leftover ribs as a nightmare ingredient.  I pulled off bits and used them in the green beans.  No problem.

Hollowing out and stuffing the squash


Sad looking salad greens from our garden

Mixed greens with homemade ranch and pistachio crusted goat cheese discs



Stuffed Cayote Squash:  Squash was boiled to soften and hollow out, then stuffed with corn/tomato/mushroom mixture, baked in oven to brown and dusted with Parmesan and paprika.

Pork Jezebel & Green Beans:  Green beans sauteed with bits of smoked ribs; Pork Chops grilled then topped with my own recipe for Jezebel sauce (apple jelly, purred mango, horseradish, mustard)

No comments:

Post a Comment