Sunday, September 12, 2010

Gender Roles Reversed



Yesterday, bright and early,  I headed to the University of Texas football home opener.  Anyone who knows me understands I live for Texas football season, tailgating with my family and friends, burnt orange and Saturdays in the fall at Darrell K Royal- Texas Memorial Stadium.  Alex decided to stay home yesterday to catch all of the Saturday college football action.  Upon my arrival home I was delighted to find he had prepared quite the post game feast.  Thanks, babe!!

Pork butt, marinated overnight in apples cider, brown sugar, orange juice, chipotles and whatever else he threw in a trash bag with it.  Smoked for 12+ hours (dry rubbed at hour 8).
Pulled Pork
The sandwich artist hard at work.
Roasted carrot strips, and roasted beets and potatoes (for sandwich).



Texas toast, roasted beets and potatoes, pulled pork, pickles and homemade orange BBQ sauce.  The boy did well!

No comments:

Post a Comment