Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Mama Mia! It's a Greek Nightmare







I never cook out of cookbooks.  They are too precise, and it drives me crazy flipping through pages while I am trying to create. Hence, the reason I am an atrocious baker.  Months back one of our dear friends found this wonderful book during a move and was so kind to give it to me.  He just happens to be Greek and grew up with the smells and tastes of traditional Greek cooking in his home.  He often makes fun of us for some of the dishes we call Greek here in America.
After promising to cook a nightmare out of it forever,  I pulled the book of the shelf and took the plunge.  Rule #1 - I had to go word for word by the recipes.  Rule #2 - Alex gave me the ingredient of chicken legs (not my fave).  Menu included traditional Greek salad, Pantzaria Skordalia (Beets with Garlic Sauce) and Kota Kapama (Cinnamon Chicken with Tomato Sauce).
Chicken legs dusted with cinnamon, salt and pepper




Roasted beets and beets tops
Browning the chicken before cooking it in the tomato sauce
  
Pantzaria Skordalia (Beets with Garlic Sauce) and Kota Kapama (Cinnamon Chicken with Tomato Sauce)

No comments:

Post a Comment