Sunday, September 12, 2010

I Heart Quality Seafood Market!




If you live in Austin and have never visited Quality Seafood Market you are really missing out.  It is THE only place in Austin to buy seafood, and we can be found there many a nights for fresh oysters,  King Crab Mondays or Two Dollar Fish Taco Tuesdays.  They supply most of Austin's finest seafood restaurants and it is evident why. With a craving for seafood,  I stopped by Thursday after work to pick up some Chilean Sea Bass.  To my delight they were featuring quail from Texas Quail Farm.  With sea bass, gulf shrimp, quail and a nice Chardonnay in hand I was off to prepare a somewhat modified "surf and turf".


Chopping cilantro with my new Alaskan Ulu Knife and bowl.  It is AMAZING!!
Sea Bass is an incredibly flaky fish.  I have found that the best way to prepare this fish is over a medium grill covered in foil.  You must poke holes in the foil in order to get the flavor of the grill, and not to poach your fish.  Brushed with a jalapeno basil butter and grilled until just flaking is perfection.         

Making cilantro lime vinaigrette to toss on roasted red potatoes.  It is such a versatile sauce that can be used on salads, vegetables, as a marinade and pairs wonderfully with fish.  

Play on a wedge salad.  It wouldn't be a true dinner nightmare without missing something....I planned on a blue cheese dressing, but found I had no blue cheese.  I used Cotija instead, added Chipotle sauce and voila - Spicy Cojita Wedge!








Grilled Sea Bass with Basil Jalapeno Butter, Shrimp Stuffed Quail with Remoulade, and Cilantro Lime Roasted Red Potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment