Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ground Beef Wellington

Okay...so this does not sound like the most elegant of meals, I know.  The thing is, I have this amazing aunt that many of you know and we all love.  I am the youngest, so anytime she comes to town she still brings me everything a college kid would ever need to live off of (although I have been out of college a good 8 years now - SCARY).  You know,  the basics: dish soap, paper towels, TP, and tons and tons of frozen meat.  I am not complaining.  I think I am actually putting off getting married for fear of this treat coming to an end :-)  Suffice to say, I have found myself with a suprlus of ground beef.  So I present you with Ground Beef Wellington.

Mushrooms, yellow onion, baby cucumbers, leeks, parsnips, blue cheese, cherry tomatoes, blue cheese and yes crescent rolls.  I did not have time to make homemade puff pastry or to let store bought defrost.  I figured, I was already making ground beef wellington, so when in Rome!


Pastry rolled out with mushroom duxelle  and blue cheese layers.


My wellingtons.  Big mistake...I totally forgot an egg wash.  Oops - they were not quite as glossy and crispy as I would have liked.


Best part of the meal. What I drank while I cooked, and my secret ingredient to the sauce for the wellingtons.
Roasted tomato on rosemary skewers for salad.




Tada.  Not too terribly bad.  Parsnips and Leeks & Ground Beef Wellingtons with Vanilla Porter Balsamic Reduction


No comments:

Post a Comment