Friday, October 8, 2010

Self-Imposed Liver and Chayote Nightmare

Like I said in my previous post, I've sort of been slipping with my cooking lately.  We haven't had much time to get to the store, and Alex has been busy with music this week so no time to bring me ridiculous ingredients.  I headed to City Market last night (my only nearby choice since the death of Randall's).  My goal was to buy at least 2 ingredients I had never cooked with before.  Ten minutes later I was home with chicken livers and chayote squash.  I promise to step up my game next week!
Mandatory ingredients:  Boneless Pork Chops, Chayote Squash, Chicken Livers, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Tomatillos, Habaneros, Sweet Potato, Red Potatoes
Yum? 
Boneless Pork Chops marinated in Garlic-Citrus Mojo
Crispy Fried Oysters and Spinach salad topped with Pecans, Sun-dried Tomatoes and Balsamic Pecan Vinaigrette
Pan grilled boneless pork chops with Chile Roasted Chayote Squash topped with Habanero Tomatillo Salsa;  On the side: Tortilla Crusted Potato Gratin

No comments:

Post a Comment