Monday, October 18, 2010

Victory Dinner, courtesy of Alex

This Saturday I competed in the Austin Oyster Urban Adventure Race.  It was not the easiest thing I have ever done, but I did it, so I will leave it at that.  Let's just say an 8:00am bike ride from Riverside Drive to Mount Bonnell and back on the first leg of a 6 leg race was not what I had in mind (I have been on my bike maybe 3 times in the past 6 months!)
Our goal was to finish in time to watch Texas take on Nebraska by 2:30.  The driving force behind finishing in time wasn't just the game, but the reminder that Alex was smoking his now self-proclaimed "world famous" pork butt to be ready in time for dinner.  My awesome team and I finished the race and I made it home by the 2nd quarter, in time to watch Texas beat Nebraska.  Here's to my amazing guy, my amazing Horns and an amazing victory dinner!






 



Tacos al Pastor!  I'm a lucky girl :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment