Sunday, October 17, 2010

My first stab at Texas Chili





I had a ton of leftover brisket, some chorizo and ground beef.  What to do on a Sunday afternoon - make Texas Chili, of course!  To be honest, I have never tried to make chili before but figured now was as good a time as any to build up my repetoire of Texas dishes.  Afer all, every Texas girl needs to know how to make a mean bowl of chili!
*note:  this chili was cooked slowly for hours on Sunday, and reheated to eat for Monday night football.  i read it is better this way.*
Smoked Brisket, Chorizo, 80/20 course ground beef (either buy chili meat, grind your own, or ask your butcher to grind the meat coarsely for chili)

Evidently, chili needs lots of spices.  Good thing my spice cabinet looks like that of a hoarder.


 
Dump 1
Dump 2


Dump 3
Dump 4


No comments:

Post a Comment