Friday, October 8, 2010

This and That...


I'm a bad "chef wannabe".  I haven't done much cooking over the past week or so.  We had that fabulous trip to Dallas for the OU game ;-( and then it was Alex's birthday which brought several dinners out with family.  I found a few random pics on my camera from the past few weeks that I felt were marginally worth posting. 

Ingredients for my "sort of" Nicoise Salad.  I tried to use things I had around the kitchen.  Alex had late band practice and we were in need of a healthy meal after our binge of fried foods at the fair, and gluttonous birthday dinners.
I made it to Quality Seafood Market too late and they had already closed.  I was looking for Ahi tuna for our salad, but had to settle for tilapia from the local grocer.  On the side, sourdough bread with artichoke spread.

Last week Alex smoked pork butts in the Bradley Smoker.  This time he wins the award - as it was the best I have ever tasted, hands down.  He has some sort of secret dry rub he uses that is perfection!
THE most amazing pulled pork.
Just because they are precious :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment